[mythtv-users] Increasing mailing list S/N ratio (or, a modest proposal)

Cole Brodine cbrodine at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 14:16:45 UTC 2007

On 6/22/07, Jason Sullivan <jason0x21 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/22/07, David Campbell <dave at cpfc.org> wrote:
> > Jason Sullivan wrote:
> > > Opinions?
> >
> > Mailing lists not up to job shocker!
> >

> Hardly, I prefer mailing lists myself, and with adequate moderation
> they can be awesome.  What I hate is forums.  Those make me ill.
>

> --
> Jason Sullivan
> jason0x21 at gmail.com
would be something else that would bother the more august members here.

I agree though, that a small group of moderators could probably do a lot of
good, even if they just screened the first message from new members
(Although I suggest a few more then just one).

I realize that I'm not the most senior member of this mailing list.  I also
don't have a great technical knowledge of MythTV, but I am a long time user
(3+ years) and know my way around the wiki and gossamer threads.  If
moderators are needed, I would donate some of my time to this.

Regards,

Cole Brodine
Visit My Website at http://www.brodine.com/
Blog: http://rabbitinhiding.blogspot.com/