[mythtv-users] IMDB has TV listings.

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Jun 22 13:32:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 11:04:03PM -0400, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
> While I understand your toung/cheek positioning :-)  I meant see if they
> would be willing to provide or allow volunteers to write an interface for
> Myth and Myth-like devices.

Just to recap: there are only two organizations known to be aggregating
television program listings data for the US: Tribune Media, and Gemstar
TV Guide.

Both of them charge all of their customers, both of them charge based
on what use the customer makes of the data, both of them would almost
certainly increase the charge to anyone who wanted to let 200K of *us*
take the data, whether those people charged us, or not.

Cheers,
-- jra