[mythtv-users] backend ip for frontend only setup

Piotr Romanus lromanus at ftml.net
Fri Jun 22 11:34:30 UTC 2007

I have a working setup of frontend an backend working perfectly. I
recently installed another frontend on my laptop running Ubuntu feisty.
I setup hostname on "Database Configuration" screen correctly (the
forntend stopped complaining about not being able to connect to mysql)
but can't figure out where to configure remote backend ip address. Does
anybody knows where is this setting?

For now every time I start the forntend on my laptop and go to "media
library" it comes up with the following message:
"Could not connect to the master backend server -- is it running? Is the
IP address set for it in setup program correct?"

Thanks,

Piotr