[mythtv-users] Scrambled Screen when X starts - Nvidia 5200 - Driver Problem?

Craig Huff huffcs at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 02:29:09 UTC 2007

Michael,

It looks like you got a different (older?) nvidia-graphics RPM than
I'm using on my FC6 system (9755, I think).  This may/may not be
appropriate for your 5200 card.  You might check that.

Also, you didn't mention having the associated nvidia-graphics*-kmdl-*
module.  Very necessary, especially if you don't have it ;-)

Final observation is that you need to tell X (in the xorg.conf file) to use
the nvidia driver instead of nv.

I don't recall the specifics off the top of my head, but it is all covered in
Jarod Wilson's fine HOWTO for MythTV on Fedora Core x (he has revised
versions for several generations of FC) which can be found at:
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

Hope this helps!

Craig