[mythtv-users] Scrambled Screen when X starts - Nvidia 5200 - Driver Problem?

Michael George mgeorge3 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 01:31:23 UTC 2007

All,

I installed my Geforce 5200 today and it was looking great, right up to the
point that X windows started and then the screen turned into a pixelated
garbled mess.  Based on what I've read, this is a driver problem.

My Current Driver Version is:

nvidia-graphics7184-kmdl-2.6.20-1.2948.fc6-1.0_7184-74.2.fc6
nvidia-graphics-devices-1.0-5.fc6.at

and according to /proc/driver/nvidia/cards , I have a GeForce FX5200

Model:           GeForce FX 5200

According to X, it is using the "nv" driver

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nv"
EndSection

and I added the configmonitor stanza's but no luck.

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Generic Monitor"
        HorizSync    30 - 50
        VertRefresh  60.0   # Use 50.0 in UK / Europe (PAL-x, except PAL-M)
EndSection

If anyone has any ideas on how to get the S-VIDEO working properly I would
appreciate your guidance.

-Michael