[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 350 dvd playback no sound

robinlee_r at yahoo.com robinlee_r at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 19:54:39 UTC 2007

Hi Jonathan,

I have gone as far as getting sound out of Xine as dvd player, I finally left the configuration with the audio out of the TV using the output to the hauppaguge 350 card, and I get my audio out from Xine using the standart audio-out port from the onboard sound card.

I still haven't been able to find out whyt it wouldn't give me sound out of the card using internal as dvd player or the live tv.

But thanks for all of your help

Thanks

Robin

Jonathan Rogers <jonner at teegra.net> wrote: On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 19:48 -0700, robinlee_r at yahoo.com wrote:
> I finally stop playing with the ubuntu edition of myth and I installed
> mythdora, better install and no so much playing around, got tv out
> finally working and I can see live tv and dvd veio out ok, but I still
> get no sound out, I have the audio outputs connected to the onboard
> line in, I have mute the line in and set it up to capture, I also have
> the MCP and Masters up top the top and enabled, within myth I
> have /dev/dsp and MCP and mixer selected, I do not have the use the
> hauppauge 350 audio output only NOT selected and I have asda selected
> just below /dev/dsp.

I'm afraid I don't know what "MCP" and "asda" are.

> If I connect the audio output from the 350 to the TV inputs I do get
> sound from Live Tv, of course I dont get audio from the DVD, so I have
> no idea where is the problem, If I switch from /dev/dsp to /dev/asdp I
> get warnings from live tv and dvd that I have no audio and that the
> system passed a bad parameter .

I don't know which audio drivers are loaded automatically on mythdora.
You can probably use "/dev/dsp" as your audio device, but I always use
the ALSA device, since ALSA has been the standard Linux audio framework
for quite a while. This is called "ALSA:default" in MythTV's settings.