[mythtv-users] REPOST: how to choose preferred card for livetv

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:24:31 UTC 2007

On 21/06/07, Gianpaolo Racca <gianpaolo.racca at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have two analog cards, one of wich (PVR-150) gives me a bad signal on
> some channels. I would like to be able to use the other card (Terratec ht
> pci) for live tv by default (without cycling through inputs with the 'Y'
> button). Is it possible?
> I know I can assign a priority to the input connection, but this affects only
> recording priorities.

What is the order of your tuner cards?

I think there's a option on the backend settings to avoid conflicts
between LiveTV and recordings which causes mythtv to choose the
highest numbered tuner card (ie the one you added last) for LiveTV.

If the above seems to be true (and it's a long time since I used
LiveTV) and your cards are in the wrong order you can drop all tuner
cards and reenter them in the correct order, which should not affect
anything else in the database (but backup first to be safe).