[mythtv-users] DVD Ripping was: Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Jun 21 09:12:51 UTC 2007

Tom Greer wrote:

> If Myth users so intent on not doing as I have done, then why is there
> a MythVideo module at all?  Are you trying to suggest that most Myth
> users don't have this plugin activated?

Don't forget that there are Mythtv users in other parts of the globe
(they do exist! really!) where absurd guff like the DMCA doesn't apply.

Despite the present deluge of mail regarding zap2it, etc. the Mythtv
product is international. Please remember that some of us are able to do
things the US authorities would rather it's citizens didn't.

This also means that posts to this forum about any myth-related subject
(a) may mean the poster is not a US citizen and (b) may discuss things
which are legal in his/her own jurisdiction.

IANAL. YMMV.

Mike Perkins