[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Wed Jun 20 21:53:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 14:36 -0700, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> They can make it terms of the service for viewing their web page or
> using their service, and a violation would violate those terms, and be
> breach of contract, trespass to chattels, and potentially other causes
> of actions.  Look up the eBay v. Bidder's Edge case, which did
> essentially this.  Rigistrar.com v. Verio also is similar, and there
> are some other cases on this same factual setting that I am
> forgetting.

I think in the cases above, however, the user is required to have an
account with the provider of the service, which to my non-lawyer mind,
requires the user have some sort of account or a click-through
acknowledgement of the ToS. Otherwise, you could rightfully claim to
have never seen the terms, and so could not be bound.

	If the information is on web pages are publicly available, the ToS are
pretty much out the window.

		--Matt