[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 20:52:46 UTC 2007

>From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra at baylink.com>
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?
>Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:36:38 -0400
>
>On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 04:36:27PM -0400, Braindead wrote:
> > On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:18:41 -0700
> > "Fedor Pikus" <fpikus at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > So basically, if I buy a PC and install MythTV on it myself, it's ok,
> > > but if I buy a PC with MythTV pre-installed, it's a problem? What if I
> > > buy it, but then update it with new MythTv myself? What if I bought a
> > > Dell and paid someone to install MythTv on it?
> >
> > Not necessarily, if you change the setting to use *your* account on
> > Zap2It it's not a problem. It's that the re-sellers are using one
> > account on all the machines they resell and not requiring end users to
> > setup their own account and configure MythTV with that data.
> >
> > This would be like someone selling some Internet appliance and using a
> > single dial-up ISP account on all of them...
> >
> > That's if I understand the situation correctly. ;-)
>
>Yeah, but see my posting from 10 minutes ago: "Line-ups."
>
>I don't think that's possible.
>
>Cheers,
>-- jra
>--

A guy that goes by the name of Human over on the Knoppmyth board said he
contacted zap2it when they began complaining about commercial abuse.  He's
the developer of the Dragon system at mythic.tv.  He said zap2it responded
and told him his company was *NOT* part of the problem.  So it seems to me
this has nothing to do with MythTV or the MythTV system builders.

Jake