[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 18:22:52 UTC 2007

On 6/19/07, Eric Holt <eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com> wrote:
> I just saw this posted on the KnoppMyth forums, and for sure, I checked
> out the Zap2it Labs website, and there is the announcement:
>
> [Listings vanish forever. Film at... well... we're not sure; because there aren't any listings.]

I know the core MythTV guys are working with Zap2It on this, and so
the final outcome is still up in the air (thanks to all the MythTV
guys trying to reach a solution, btw.  Beers all around if you ever
come to North Carolina), and I know this will only work on a
per-provider-basis; but...

I get my Internets from Time Warner, and I get my Cable TV from Time
Warner.  Time Warner also has show listings on their website, which
they presumably license from TMS.  So has anyone looked at getting
their individual cable provider to cough up XML listings on a
subscribers-only basis?  I know it's in Time Warner's interests to get
my to buy their DVR, but I also know they'd jump at the chance to
charge me another $5 or so a month (heck, sometimes they just do it
for no discernible reason).

I know this wouldn't work for everyone, but it might be a solution for many.

--
Jason Sullivan
jason0x21 at gmail.com