[mythtv-users] Pay for listings [was Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?]

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 16:38:04 UTC 2007

On 6/20/07, Mickey Chandler <mickc at whizardries.com> wrote:

> Michael Jones wrote:
> > .. and what's to say that a company providing this data for a fee
> > could not collect this data from multiple sources, and make sure they
> > actually provide complete and accurate data to their customers -
> > unlike what Zap2It provides now ;-)
> That'd be possible, but my understanding from further up the thread is
> that all of those multiple sources ultimately get their data from TMS
> anyway.
>
> However, if this were to work out, I would also be interested in trying
> to license data from other countries and begin unifying all of MythTV to
> a single data download standard.

I support this. We at other countries have always been at quite a
disadvantage using our MythTVs.
I was talking ot a TV Guide person about a month ago about why if they
alrady have the informtion
on the web, wont't they just repackage and sell it in xmltv format. He did
not give me an answer.

I can see my info in TVGuide on the web. But I cannot pass it to my Mythtv.
That's something I would pay for.

--
/\_/\
|O O|  pepebuho at pananet.com