[mythtv-users] Multiple receivers with similar list of channels

Martin Bene martin.bene at icomedias.com
Wed Jun 20 16:16:56 UTC 2007

Hi, I'd like to know what's the best way to setup the following
configuration (Mythtv 0.20 fixes)

* 4 DVB Cards, all directed at the same sat.
* two of the receivers have CI Modules/Smartcards for a bunch of
encrypted channels;

So, there's three "sets" of channels I can receive:

 - FTA
 - ORF (Austrian channels, handled by both CI Modules/Smartcards
 - Premiere (Pay TV, Handled by one of the CI Modules).

Currently I've got these sets of channels configured as videosources and
I've set
	DVB:0 ==> FTA
	DVB:1 ==> FTA
	DVB:2 ==> ORF
	DVB:3 ==> Premiere
Obviously, that's a lousy setup - the CI systems never get used for
recording free tv, dvb:3 never gets used for ORF.

I can see two possible aproaches that could help getting best use from
the system:

A) Include all receivable channels in each of the videosources:
	Source1: Free
	Source2: Free+ORF
	Source3: Free+ORF+Premiere
This results several entries (with different channel IDs) for the same
channel, making mythweb rather crowded and messing up recording rules
that specify a channel - the recording gets locked to one source
(instead of using all sources that include the desired channel).

B) Manually enter aditional cardinputs:
	DVB:0 ==> FTA
	DVB:1 ==> FTA
	DVB:2 ==> ORF
	DVB:3 ==> Premiere

	New:
	DVB:2	==> FTA
	DVB:3 ==> FTA
	DVB:3 ==> ORF

This used to work well with the version of Mythtv I previously used
(0.18); However, didn't seem to work when I tried it with my new setup-
no recordings got scheduled on the cards made available via these extra
cardinputs.

I'd really appreciate any hints on how to best set up such a
configuration!

Thanks, Martin