[mythtv-users] media streaming without nfs mount

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Wed Jun 20 15:14:58 UTC 2007

Frontends will look for the video partition first, if its not there they
will stream from the backend, or you can specify in the setup menu for
them to always stream even if the partition is there.

So, yes, you don't need to setup NFS. At least not for Live or Recorded
TV. I believe Mythvideo works streaming as well, don't know about
MythMusic though, I have mine NFS mounted.

Mike