[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:28:17 UTC 2007

On 6/20/07, David Schmidt <david.schmidt.in.dallas at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/20/07, Cole Brodine <cbrodine at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure what their commercial license says you are allowed to do
> with
> > the data.  Hopefully you can redistribute as you please and then the $5
> year
> > thing would be completely feasible.  I think you would have to remember
> that
> > the servers and bandwidth to redistribute would have to be maintained
> and
> > paid for also.  You might have to pay at least one person's salary
> yearly as
> > well.  So you are probably looking at something much higher then $5 a
> year.
>
> $5/year is nothing.  I was thinking something in the $5/quarter to
> $5/month range.

$60/year for a few hundred kilobytes of text files?  That would be way over
priced.  Yes TMS puts effort into collecting and cataloging the data.  But
they already give it away for free (http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/).  I may
be missing something but that site doesn't even have a banner add.  I think
$12/year would be reasonable.