[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Cole Brodine cbrodine at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:11:01 UTC 2007

On 6/20/07, Michael Jones <mythlist at michaelandholly.com> wrote:

> At $500/month, or $6000 a year it would require 1200 subscribers paying $5
> year to break even...
> I would think this is completely do-able?
>
> I don't know just how many people there are out there running MythTV but
> this would be pretty easy to put together.. and of course.. the more people
> are willing to pay for the service, the number to break even would be much
> less.
>

> I'm not sure what their commercial license says you are allowed to do with
the data.  Hopefully you can redistribute as you please and then the $5 year
thing would be completely feasible.  I think you would have to remember that
the servers and bandwidth to redistribute would have to be maintained and
paid for also.  You might have to pay at least one person's salary yearly as
well.  So you are probably looking at something much higher then $5 a year.

Hopefully Isaac or whomever they talked to can work something out.  I'll
wait in the shadows to see what the developer's solution is.

Cole Brodine

Visit My Website at http://www.brodine.com/
Blog: http://rabbitinhiding.blogspot.com/
ICQ: 5857320