[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Cole Brodine cbrodine at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:41:11 UTC 2007

On 6/20/07, Michael Jones <mythlist at michaelandholly.com> wrote:

> If we are unable to use Zap2It Labs for in it's current form, and Zap2It
> is not willing to create a "personal subscription" option, what's the
> possibility of creating a group to purchase the rights to the data as a
> "commercial" provider and provide it to the MythTV community for a
> low/modest subscription fee?
> I'd be willing to work with creating this company/group?
>
> I would guess this would depend on what Zap2it charges for the data?
> Could be rather pricey.
>
> On Jun 20, 2007, at 9:27 AM, Jim Scott wrote:
>
> On 6/20/07, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone from the mythtv development team planning to contact them to
> > work out
> > > a deal?
> >
> > All Options are being discussed, but nothing has been decided at this
> > point.
> >
> > > I would be willing to pay a modest fee yearly fee for the service if
> > they
> > > would continue it.
> >
> > Personally so would I. The information has value to me, and it's worth a
> > few
> > dollars to me to have it.
> >

> I need the listings. I'd pay to download them or help work on a project to
> provide listings to the community.

It's my understanding that they cost somewhere around $500 per month for a
commercial license to there listings.  I saw that one the Zap2it forums, so
I'm not sure of the accuracy.

I would pay or help create something that would get me the listings I need.

Cole Brodine

Visit My Website at http://www.brodine.com/
Blog: http://rabbitinhiding.blogspot.com/
ICQ: 5857320