[mythtv-users] Zap2It shutting down 9/1/2007

Jim Gifford maillist at jg555.com
Wed Jun 20 04:33:16 UTC 2007

I noticed this posted to the labs.zap2it.com website today, wonder if we
have any viable options have been found yet.

    *IMPORTANT MESSAGE:*

For several years we have offered a free TV listings service to
hobbyists for their own personal, noncommercial use. In October of 2004
we posted here an open letter saying the future of Zap2it Labs was at
risk because of certain growing misuses of the Zap2it Labs data.
Unfortunately this misuse has continued and grown. These misuses,
combined with other business factors have led to the decision to
discontinue Zap2it Labs effective September 1, 2007.