[mythtv-users] Slow recorded programs viewing but fast on other menu's

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 19 21:53:16 UTC 2007

On 06/19/2007 05:30 PM, David Won wrote:
> None of these changes made any difference. :(
> Still slow as molasses when browsing my recordings.
> Fast as heck when I do the same from my laptop or from one of the
> computers or from the backend. Something about this itx. I'm thinking
> vid power.

The video card's power is /only/ used when playing back the preview
video.  If you've turned that off, the rest of it is independent of
video card capabilities (and, even the preview video only needs Xv and a
working scaler, so any video card in use today should be sufficient).

It's more likely swapping due to limited memory or something.

Mike