[mythtv-users] Myth incorrectly re-recording previously shown programs

Enigma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Tue Jun 19 19:15:23 UTC 2007

Greetings.  I have been having a problem with my Myth box for a little
while now.  There are several shows (or maybe all shows) for which it is
recording episodes that it previously recorded.  The episode information
is complete, it is not a problem with missing subtitle info or anything
like that.

For example, I have "Deadliest Catch" set to record on Discovery.  The
episode "Pain and Paybacks" is scheduled to record today at 1:00.  The
recording is set to record any time on Discovery, check all recordings
for duplicates and to use subtitle and description duplicate matching.
The episode is scheduled to record, even though there are 3 entries in
the oldrecorded table that have an identical subtitle, description,
episode number and series number.  It seems like it is not checking the
oldrecorded table, even for schedules that specifically set it.  I tried
deleting and completely re-adding that schedule, but it still has the
same behavior (as do several other schedules).

I have been using Myth since 0.08 so it is possible that my database has
a problem since it has been through so many upgrades. Are there specific
things I can check to see what is going wrong in the scheduling process?