[mythtv-users] Slow recorded programs viewing but fast on other menu's

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 19 16:36:01 UTC 2007

On 06/19/2007 12:26 PM, David Won wrote:
> I did notice that my icons were in /root/.mythtv/channels on the
> backend but not on the frontend.
> Copied them over and will test when I get home. Thanks for all the
> help guy's. Hopefully one of these works.

Assuming you're running the frontend as root, that should work.  If
you're not running it as root, you should re-run the script that
downloads channel icons as the user who runs mythfrontend (so that it
will update the location specified in the DB to point to the
mythfrontend user's HOME) since no other user should have access (or be
given access ;) to root's HOME directory.  (You can edit the values in
the DB directly, too, but make sure you backup the DB first and be very
careful.)

Mike