[mythtv-users] Olevia 322H

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jun 19 15:00:12 UTC 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 7:52 AM, Sergio J Ruiz wrote:

> Hi folks,
>   Has anybody here tried to connect MythTV to a Ovelia 322 TV set? I
> don't know if my problem is with the TV, the MythTv or any other
> thing,
> but when I play DVDs, or videos ripped from a DVD I can see a perfect
> neat image, but when I'm watching TV or something recorded from TV
> it is
> kind of fuzzy.
>
>   Now that I'm writing the email I realized that it could be something
> related with the video capture card. I use a PVR-150.
>
>   Any suggestions?
>
>   Thank you,
>
> Sergio

Your DVD is 480p. Your PVR-150 is capturing 480i. It's not ever going
to look as good. However, check your recording profiles and bump up
your capture resolution/bitrate until you get to an acceptable
picture. Also, turn on de-interlacing for your recorded material.
It's hard to tell if by "fuzzy" you mean interlace lines or a soft
overall image.