[mythtv-users] chunks missing from recordings?

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Tue Jun 19 13:06:17 UTC 2007

On Tue, June 19, 2007 1:30 pm, Joe Borne wrote:
> I recently upgraded to the atrpms bleeding version in order to eliminate
> some problems I was having with dvd's, transcoding etc. It did fix the dvd
> problems, but not my transcoding issues. (I'll save that for another post)
>
> The new behavior I am seeing now is that on occassion, a recording will
> have
> pieces missing from it. They appear to be about 2-3 minutes in length and
> bunched together in a particular spot, usually 30 minutes into the
> recording. The recording will just jump forward 2-3 minutes and there will
> be the sort of mpeg compression blocks you would see in a digital
> transmission that was having signal problems. (I used to see this effect
> when I had digital satellite and was having reception problems.)
>
> It usually clears up and the rest of the recording is fine. I don't think
> this is the transmission though because I am seeing it in recordings taken
> from my STB with firewire and also in ones recorded analog by my PVR-150.
>
> Has anyone seen this before and is there a fix?

Have you checked that it isn't some sort of commercial flagging gone
wrong?  Maybe have a look to see if any of the recording is marked for
cutting - I think - when you are watching the recording, open the menu "M"
and select edit recording.  See if any bits are cut out.

Thats a total guess, and probably way off the mark, but thought I might as
well suggest it!

Robert.