[mythtv-users] nvidia geforce fx 5200 and DPMS with HDTV

Alan Calvert cal at graggrag.com
Tue Jun 19 09:18:10 UTC 2007

Bryan Allen wrote:

> "DPMS enabled" everytime. I don't understand why. Does anyone know how
> to stop this?
> I should also mention that a simple press of the keyboard doesn't seem
> to "wake" the tv. I have to jump to a text terminal ( ALT + F5 ) and
> then back again ( ALT + F7 ).

I'm not absolutely certain on how or why, but what I noticed was that
having an Option "DPMS" line of any form resulted in DPMS being enabled,
even Option "DPMS" "False"!  Leaving the line out was the only way to
turn off DPMS. That's not what man xorg.conf says, but it seemed to be
the actual behaviour. Cheers.