[mythtv-users] Opinions on PVR-350 Support + PVR-350 Hardware Hacking....

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:53:35 UTC 2007

On 18/06/07, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) The one thing lacking from the PVR-350 in my book is an RGB
> output...however looking at the specs for the TV chip (the SAA7127?) on
> board, it can produce the RGB signals. So it MAY be that I can do some fine
> brain surgery to add the 3 necessary wires. Has anyone tried this? Would
> anyone be prepared to take some high resolution piccies of both sides of the
> board so I can see how feasible it might be?

Don't forget that old ATI Radeon cards (I'm using a 9000 Pro) can
output RGB with csync. I'm using a homemade VGA->RGB-SCART cable (less
than a tenner in parts) with my Sony widescreen TV with great success.
Back in 2004/05 I used my PVR-350's output (quite brilliant for MPEG2
LiveTV/recordings) but at that stage the non-MPEG2 performance was
lacking.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: