[mythtv-users] What don't I get here? (Playback FPS)

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:32:51 UTC 2007

On 6/18/07, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Interesting you mention that about pausing!
>
> I got the RGB -> SCART cable going over the weekend (so I now output an
> interlaced signal direct to my TV at the correct refresh).
> Here's the results....(apart from the expected picture clarity & sharpness):
>
>   1) Playback loses sync after PAUSE. I need to manually get it to redetect
> the sync.

This is what I see whenever I use an interlaced display and source -
whether its standard def PAL over scart (RGB to SCART or Playstation
3) or 1080i over dvi. Myth syncs to the nearest retrace - which may be
the 'wrong' field -  and I can't find a reliable solution that doesn't
require any sort of user intervention.

Why it works for Viktor, I just don't know.

>   2) It can't keep up on LIVETV but can on watching previous recording....
> very strange. (Especially as it had no probs in the SVIDEO configuration)

I've seen slighlt worse performance in livetv for a while now.

>   3) I STILL NEED BOB INTERLACE..........WHY??????? Shirley outputting to an
> interlaced device would remove that requirement???

Bobdeint breaks out the frames into individual fields -  but (just to
add to the confusion) I've never found I need to use it.

Regards

Mark