[mythtv-users] nvidia geforce fx 5200 and DPMS with HDTV

Bryan Allen browne.allen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 01:58:37 UTC 2007

Yeah. I removed that line. When the computer is hooked up using S-Video out,
it never goes black. This only happens with the HDMI cable. The NVIDIA DPMS
enabled message in my log file has me bothered, but I'm not sure that is
really the culprit. My trouble may be the TV not recognizing the digital
signal after X amount of time, after the inputs are changed, or the power is
turned off and on again. So far, I just always have to hit "ALT-F6" then
"ALT-F7" to watch tv. Not much fun. I hope to nail this down eventually.

On 6/18/07, Christian Burger <christian.burger at abtg.net> wrote:

> > Message: 2
> > Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:06:44 -0500
> > From: "Bryan Allen" <browne.allen at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] nvidia geforce fx 5200 and DPMS with HDTV
> > To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> >
> > Yeah. The screen size settings under "Appearance". It took several tries
> > get it right.
> > I'm no longer sure that the Mythbox is to blame. I think my tv just
> > decides
> > there is no signal after a while. ? It has me really stumped.
> >
> > On 6/14/07, Jonathan Seawright <jonathanathome at verizon.net> wrote:
> > >
> > >  What exactly did you do to fix the overscan? is it the thing in the
> > setup
> > > where it shrinks mythtv down a bit?
> > >
> > > Jonathan S.

[ Bryan ]