[mythtv-users] Fedora (7) and DVB scanning on X86_64

Srikant Sharma srikant.sharma at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 00:45:14 UTC 2007

On 6/15/07, Jake Thompson <jake-lists at jakethompson.com> wrote:

> This sounds like the same problem I am seeing with my KWorld ATSC-110 on
> my x86_64 FC6 box.  Were you able to troubleshoot this at all?
>
> -Jake
>

>  On 6/12/07, Srikant Sharma <srikant.sharma at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  Hi All,
> >
> > Did anyone experiment with mythtv on fedora 7 X86_64 platform?
> > I am having problems with its DVB scanning. I can't get my PcHdtv
> > card to scan and detect any of the channels through mythtv.
> > I don't get any lock on signal. I am scanning for cable using QAM256.
> > However, mplayer playes those channels fine if I use azap utility.
> > scandvb gives me a long list of channels (379 to be precise). Atleast
> > 50 of them are unencrypted.
> >
> > Same machine and same card work like charm if I install Mythdora 4.0.
> > However, my problem is that mythdora is available for 32 bit mode only.
> > I tried experimenting with FC6 64 bit .. but still no luck.
> >
> > My configuration is:
> > AMD 64 X2 Dual core, PCHDTV 5500. Mythtv 0.20.1.
> >
> > Did someone else face similar issue? Are there any known
> > issues/workarounds?

I could to debug this issue. However I am pretty certain that this is not
kernel issue. I say this because when I use scandvb from command shell I can
get a lock. I can even zap them and watch the (unencrypted) channels through
mplayer. I can even listen to the audio only channels.

It only through mythtv that I am facing the problem.

Could you azap the channels and see them in your setup?

--
Srikant