[mythtv-users] Review of myth.find_orphans.pl

Andreas Schaefer andreas.schaefer at madplanet.com
Mon Jun 18 21:43:16 UTC 2007

The script file 'myth.find_orphans.pl' is really great and it does the
job very well. The only thing I would love to see is that it would allow
the user to mark deleted recordings for re-recording
(oldrecorded.duplicate=0 ?) and that it would also delete recordedmarkup
and recordedseek records (a ton of records).

When deleting files I find it very dangerous that the script is
suggesting / deleting all the files that are not recorded by the given
host even though the DB records are still there. I would suggest that
the script would only mark the files for deletion where there is no DB
record disregarding the host.

Thanks - Andy