[mythtv-users] Frontend Upgrade

David Segall david at segall.net
Mon Jun 18 17:13:35 UTC 2007

Kirk Bocek wrote:

> David Segall wrote:
>> Actually, I think a
>> suitable keyboard makes a better remote than anything else and is
>> usually required anyway.
>
> Hardly a requirement. I simply enable VNC in the X-session running
> mythfrontend and use that for any maintenance stuff that needs a keyboard.
How do you enable and use Linux Interactive Startup let alone examine
and change your BIOS settings? If you can respond that they are so
rarely used that you can connect a keyboard if you ever need one then I
envy you. Well, maybe I don't envy you, you have a MythTV setup that is
an appliance rather than a life's work :).