[mythtv-users] Commercials

GARETH GLACCUM gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Mon Jun 18 14:35:14 UTC 2007

In relation to the previous emails, if you want to check whether commercial skipping has occured or not:
  Go to Edit the recording (e on my system), and then choose insert commercials (z).
  This should show along the timeline areas which have been 'cut out' if commercial skipping has been run and detected commercials.
  Then pressing (e) again will send you back to watch mode. If there are adverts, then you need to select 'Skip Commercial Breaks' by default from the menus. If there are not, try going to the watch recordings menu, Job Options, and select begin commercial flagging manually. Wait 10 minutes (for a half hour show this is more than enough) and try the test again.
   Some programs work better than others. For example CSI from Channel 5 in the UK works very well on my system, possibly due to the large logo and the vibrant colours. Some programs, such as Grand Designs from More 4, have advert breaks over 6 minutes which are not detected, as the detection algorithm has a maximum break length to ensure that it doesn't mis-detect.
  Gareth