[mythtv-users] Commercials

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:22:45 UTC 2007

On 6/18/07, Sergio J Ruiz <ruizsj at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>   I got my MythTv up and running, but I cannot make it skip the
> commercials when I'm watching a recording. It plays the show with the
> commercials, so I have to fast forward manually.
>   What am I missing?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Sergio

For starters, are you flagging the commercials, and do you have it set
to automatically skip?   I'm sure someone else knows off the top of
their heads exactly where it is, but I believe it's somewhere around
Settings -> TV  Settings -> General

There's settings for what commercial detection method to use, how it
should skip, whether it should add a few seconds back in just to be
sure, and that sort of thing.  Poke around in the settings and you
should see it!

(Note: Commercial flagging takes some time, so it won't be instantly
available on your newest recordings, but it's generally faster than
watching the show, so if you start a longer broadcast a half hour or
so later a lot of the time it will catch and be available to skip by
the end)

Ry