[mythtv-users] Opinions on PVR-350 Support + PVR-350 Hardware Hacking....

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 11:06:02 UTC 2007

Folks,

I'm considering getting a PVR-350 instead of slogging away with trying to
get native TV out... However before I splash the cash I have some questions:

1) How stable is the PVR-350 under Myth? I know on Windows GB-PVR it's been
all but abandoned due to instability, restart problems etc etc. What's the
situation with Linux?

2) The one thing lacking from the PVR-350 in my book is an RGB
output...however looking at the specs for the TV chip (the SAA7127?) on
board, it can produce the RGB signals. So it MAY be that I can do some fine
brain surgery to add the 3 necessary wires. Has anyone tried this? Would
anyone be prepared to take some high resolution piccies of both sides of the
board so I can see how feasible it might be?

3) How well does it work for non-MPEG2 output? Is the frame buffer up to the
task of showing DVDs/DIVx etc?

Cheers

Steve