[mythtv-users] Smallest case available

Fredrik Hallgarde mythtv at tedde.nu
Mon Jun 18 10:14:02 UTC 2007

Mathew skrev:
> Brian Wood wrote:
>
>> Not cheap, but small:
>>
>> http://www.logicsupply.com/
>>
>> and
>>
>> http://www.logicsupply.com/categories/mainboards_nano_pico_itx
>>

> Wow...excellent resource.  Thanks.
>
> And seeing that AMD makes mainboards that support the Athlon 64, I might
> be able to avoid performance hits from using an mini-ITX board as well.
>
> Has anyone used a mainboard with the VIA processors or the AMD Geode
> with good results?

Yes, I am using an SP13000 as a dedicated frontend using MythDora 4.0
With a PVR-350 it functioned well as a BE/FE using EpiOS from
www.epios.net (a gentoo-based epia-centric distro; nowadays defunct,
anyone know of any good replacement?)

Noting that the hardware mpeg-decoder, SPDIF output, formfactor etc has
worked very well for me (formfactor = high WAF), I would not buy a via
board today as the recent boards have some caveats in terms of what the
hardware support
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=HardwareCaveats
I would also note that with the comparably low

I would seriously consider buying a Mac mini as a dedicated frontend
today due to performance/formfactor but as always, YMMV.

Fredrik