[mythtv-users] Garbled Sound on Digital TV

Keller Giacomarro keller.g at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 22:57:09 UTC 2007

I'm having an interesting issue with sound while watching digital
programs with my Avermedia A180.

On some channels, sometimes, I get garbled and distorted sound out of
the right channel.  This has happened on everything from Disney (the
digital version) to Discovery HD.  Right now, Disney distorts and
Discovery is fine.  Last night, it was the opposite.

Since the signal is digital and the problem is sporadic, is it possible
that it's a configuration issue on my end?  It seems like this is the
cable company screwing up something, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't
missing something obvious.

If it matters, I'm running the following
Latest SVN
AverMedia A180
PVR-150

All is packaged into an older Dell PowerApp server.  Could this be an
interference problem?  Since the sound is digital, that doesn't make
sense, does it?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Keller
keller.g at gmail.com