[mythtv-users] Local Stations?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jun 17 20:28:15 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/17/2007 04:09 PM, Jeremy Gillick wrote:
>> What settings should I change?  When I select my satellite provider
>> the local stations are not included.  Should I also add a local
>> "antenna" lineup?  If I do that, how do I get Myth to load both lineups?
>>
>> Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.
>
> What satellite provider?  I.e. in my area, I had the choice of DISH or
> DISH Orlando.  If I chose DISH, it "didn't" include locals (they're
> actually there, but using DISH's channel numbers (in the 8000's).  If I
> chose DISH Orlando, it's identical to DISH, but it also has copies of my
> local channels with the same numbers as used for OTA (i.e. 2, 6, 9, 18,
> 35, 65).
>
> Either one works with Myth as the channel number is irrelevant--it's
> only used to tell Myth which channel to tune when using LiveTV.  So, you
> can get the one with the high channel numbers and just use the channel
> editor to change the channel numbers to whatever you like (or just leave
> them).

I seem to recall that at least one of my DISH receivers had a setup menu
option to display and tune the local channels by their actual local
channel numbers, in addition to the 4-digit "normal" DISH channel.
Unless you selected that option you could only tune the xxxx channels.

Just one more option to confuse you.