[mythtv-users] mythweb - Can't configure the Database Access

Matthias Meyer Matthias.Meyer at gmx.li
Sun Jun 17 15:57:00 UTC 2007

Hello,

I run Debian 4.0, Apache2 (V2.2.3-4) and Mythtv0.20-svn20070223-0.0 (mythweb
20-svn20070122-0.0)

Following the instructions from
cat /usr/share/doc/mythweb/README.gz | gunzip
I create the file /etc/apache2/conf.d/Directory-Access, containing
   <Directory "/var/www/mythweb" >
        Options         FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride   All
    </Directory>
chown it to www-data:www-data and restart my Apache.

I do not understand the instruction cp -r . /wwww/htdocs/myMythWebDirectory
but I hope the mythweb debian package copies all files to the right places.
Therfore I do only:
    chgrp -R www-data /var/wwww/mythweb/data
    chmod g+rw /var/wwww/mythweb/data

Than I edit the /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess so that it contains the
instructions:
    AuthType           Basic
    AuthName           "MythTV"
    AuthUserFile       /var/www/htpasswd.user
    Require            valid-user
    BrowserMatch       "MSIE"      AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On

At last:
vdr:~# htpasswd -c /var/www/htpasswd.user MythTV
vdr:~# chown www-data:www-data /var/www/htpasswd.user

Than I try to acces mythweb by url http://vdr/mythweb/
but it will not work. I get the error:
 Database Access Denied
 You are most likely receiving this message because you
 have failed to configure mythweb's database login info.
 Please see .htaccess for instructions.

The .htaccess means the /var/www/mythweb/.htaccess which is a link
to /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess ?

Is it possible that the "setenv db_password      "u7V..." describe a wrong
passwort?

Thanks for any hint.
Matthias
--