[mythtv-users] mATX / micro ATX / ITX

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jun 17 14:20:23 UTC 2007

Brian wrote:

> I think a Semperon 3000 is a little slower than a AMD64-3200 but I could
> be mistaken. Given the low price of a 65w dual core AMD CPU, why bother
> with a Semperon?

Although AMD will deny it, the Sempron numbers are meant to give a
comparison to a Celeron chip, and the Athlon series numbers are intended
to give the performance of that chip relative to a Pentium-4.

Obviously there are MANY variables: core type, cache size etc.

But I agree with you, I wouldn't fool with the "low-end" CPUs these
days, unless you happen to already have one.

Looks like CPU and RAM prices will drop even lower:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,132897/article.html

BEWW