[mythtv-users] Purge Channel Table

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jun 17 13:03:13 UTC 2007

On 06/17/2007 06:01 AM, Brian Wood wrote:
> Jeremy Gillick wrote:
>
>> Ah, sorry forgot to provide more information.  I'm in the USA
>> (California) and am using DataDirect/Zap2It.
> Actually I think you are going to have to re-build your "sources",
> getting the information from your new DD account setup, re-associate
> those sources with your capture card inputs, and finally do a
> mythfilldatabase -refresh-all.

Definitely the best way.  Make sure you use "Delete all video sources"
button, or you'll leave garbage in the DB that can prevent things from
working properly.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

> I'd probably just delete all your cap cards and go through the entire
> setup again, but I've never had a reason to do that, so I may well have
> missed something obvious :-)

Using "Delete all capture cards" never hurts, either (but is only really
necessary when changing capture cards or, sometimes, when changing
drivers).  Especially since it takes almost no time to redo them.

Mike