[mythtv-users] Questions about Mythweb

Per Jørgensen udbytossen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 12:52:03 UTC 2007

Greetings

Per Jørgensen
udbytossen at gmail.com <mailto:udbytossen at gmail.com>
<mailto:udbytossen at gmail.com>/\/o place like 127.0.0.1
Linux-user nr: 393221

Brian Wood skrev:
> Per Jørgensen wrote:
>

>> I have off course a firewall - But I build it my self eith IPtables and
>> filtering the IPadresses - So that wouldn't be that bug of a problem -
>> Caurse only a limited IPadresses have access there . The problem is to
>> play it directly in the browser instead og downloading it first.
>>

> OK, not I understand. I thought you just wanted to DL the file and then
> play it locally. What you're talking about is "streaming" the file(s).
>

>> But thanks for the thoughts - But the logfiles only accepting this as a
>> new connection (That means that the mplayer/mms is making a new
>> coinnection and therefore should validate again - But that's where the
>> problems stands !
>>

> As long as you have a firewall only allowing access from certain IPs, if
> it were me, I'd probably just dispense with the access restrictions
> altogether, but I guess it would depend on the status of the machines at
> those IPs when you were not there.
>
> BEWW

Well - As I remember It have done it before (in my earliere install of
mythtv. But now I cannot get it to stream as you call it. I'm
downloading the file easily - but not directly playing it in browser..

The problem is on the IP - that I'm allowing 250 others persons at my
job etc etc allso to download and evt record a show ! That why the
.htaccess.