[mythtv-users] Is it possible to get the mythfrontend to reload the lircrc?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 16 16:51:47 UTC 2007

On 06/16/2007 11:53 AM, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> It take mythfrontend 2 minutes to load on my system.  That's really
> getting in the way of me trial & erroring my way to successful setup.
>
> Please advise.

You have to restart mythfrontend.  So, as I see it, your options are to
a) get a more powerful system, or b) fix your system so that it's able
to cache the scaled images...

Possible causes:
  - You don't have the appropriate HOME set in the environment that's
calling mythfrontend, so mythfrontend is trying (and failing) to save
scaled theme images to a location to which your user doesn't have write
permission (i.e. /.mythtv)
  - The existing cache was created by a different user (i.e. you ran
mythfrontend as root before running it as user mythtv) and the user
you're currently using cannot overwrite the existing cache images.  This
is best fixed by using root to "rm -r {osd,theme}cache" from within the
appropriate user's $HOME/.mythtv directory.
  - You have the user's HOME directory on a partition that's mounted
read only or other miscellaneous permissions problems.
  - Other stuff that I can't think of...

Mike