[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 350 dvd playback no sound

robinlee_r at yahoo.com robinlee_r at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 16 16:09:37 UTC 2007

PS, this is the output from mythfrontend whenI try to play dvd:

dvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x0000012d
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB at 0x0004077e
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Found 2 VTS's
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
2007-06-16 12:05:12.880 Opening ALSA audio device 'default'.
2007-06-16 12:05:12.890 NVP: Enabling Audio
2007-06-16 12:05:12.949 Using the PVR-350 decoder/TV-out
2007-06-16 12:05:13.180 WriteAudio: buffer underrun
2007-06-16 12:05:13.271 WriteAudio: buffer underrun
2007-06-16 12:05:14.774 TV: Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
2007-06-16 12:05:22.627 TV: Attempting to change from WatchingPreRecorded to None
2007-06-16 12:05:22.776 TV: Changing from WatchingPreRecorded to None

I se no errors on it

robinlee_r at yahoo.com wrote: Hello again,

Sorry for the late reply, but this week was busy

I finally stop playing with the ubuntu edition of myth and I installed mythdora, better install and no so much playing around, got tv out finally working and I can see live tv and dvd veio out ok, but I still get no sound out, I have the audio outputs connected to the onboard line in, I have mute the line in and set it up to capture, I also have the MCP and Masters up top the top and enabled, within myth I have /dev/dsp and MCP and mixer selected, I do not have the use the hauppauge 350 audio output only NOT selected and I have asda selected just below /dev/dsp.

If I connect the audio output from the 350 to the TV inputs I do get sound from Live Tv, of course I dont get audio from the DVD, so I have no idea where is the problem, If I switch from /dev/dsp to /dev/asdp I get warnings from live tv and dvd that I have no audio and that the system passed a bad parameter .

I feel I am so  close to finish this side of the project but I get this little things again and again,

Well, any help would be appreciate

Thanks in advance

Robin

I finally got the

Jonathan Rogers <jonner at teegra.net> wrote: On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 06:13 -0700, robinlee_r at yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi again
>
> Here is my xorg.log and xorg.conf, and Xorg.TV is the old log before I
> downloaded another X driver from the itvt site.
>
> I am  getting the following from the comment about the Bus PCI
> address:
> 02:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15 MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
> I was having problems with the following, but I downloaded another
> xdriver and this one loads:
>
> II) Loading  /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ivtvdev_drv.so
> (II) Module ivtv: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
>     compiled for 4.3.0, module version = 0.10.6
>     ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.6

I'm a bit confused about your current status. Do you have X running on
the PVR-350? There do seem to be a couple of problems with the
configuration file you sent me.

First, your "Device" section, you have an Option called "ivtv" which
doesn't exist AFAIK. The real option is "fbdev" which indicates the
correct Linux framebuffer device that communicates with the ivtv-fb
kernel module. Make sure that it is /dev/fb0, since you do have another
video device in the system. If a framebuffer driver for the Intel chip
was loaded first, ivtv-fb could end up as /dev/fb1. You should be able
to confirm the name by looking at a kernel logfile or the output of
dmesg.

Second, in the "ServerLayout" section, make sure you comment out  'Screen
"Default Screen"' and uncomment 'Screen "TV"' to try the PVR-350.
--
Jonathan Rogers