[mythtv-users] Seek Issue at 55 Minutes

Jesse Anderson eljefe6a at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 04:18:27 UTC 2007

I have a very weird issue with my MythTV frontend.  On a recording that is
55+ minutes long doing a seek forwards will fail.  If the playback is enough
past the 55 minutes mark, doing a backwards seek will also fail.  Starting a
recording after the 55 minute mark will make the recording start at the
beginning of the recording.

By fail, I mean that the playback counter will show that there was a 30
second seek.  However, the video itself has only advanced a few frames and
distorts the video briefly.  Playing the same recording back without
seeking, will play fine.  There does not appear to be any corruption with
the nuv files.  Doing the same actions on the Master Backend does not have
any seek issues.  The issue is only relegated to the frontend.  Again, this
issue only happens on recordings that are longer than 55 minutes.

This issue has affected my setup since about 0.17.  Versions 0.16 and before
worked fine.  I am currently using version 0.20a.

My frontend hardware:
MythTV 0.20a (KnoppMyth R5 E50)
Athlon 1600+
Chaintech 7NIF2