[mythtv-users] ALSA Headaches with SPDIF output on FC6. Suggestions?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 00:53:13 UTC 2007

On 15/06/07, William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Hello Listland,
>
> For reasons I wont go into here I switched from Ubuntu to FC6 (Actually
> MythDora which I promptly modified to my own liking). Under Ubuntu I had
> no problems getting both SD and HD tv programs to output thru the spdif
> connector and my amp happily switched between Dolby Digital and PCM
> depending on the channel. Now I am unable to get PCM to play thru the
> spdif. In both cases I used the .asoundrc file from Jarods site so thats
> not the problem. Any thoughts or suggestions on things to check or where
> to look?

The Digital Sound HOWTO on the wiki
(http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound) states
you do not need to use an external .asoundrc when using FC5 or FC6
(and I imagine F7 to boot). I can't vouch for this as I do not have
S/PDIF output in a machine running one of these distros.

Did it not work with the default installed asound.conf file and the
ALSA:default/default device/mixer settings?

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/