[mythtv-users] Installing & removing plugins in myth

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 00:45:30 UTC 2007

On 15/06/07, Brad Patterson <bpatterson at espec.com> wrote:

>  Does anyone know what the procedure is for installing and also removing
> plugins in mythtv?  I am running a knoppmyth install, and there are a few
> plugins that I am not using; which I would like to clear off the menus.

To remove from the Media Library menu, you just need to update the
meny itself. Copy /usr/share/mythtv/library.xml to your frontend
user's ./mythtv directory, and then edit it to remove any entries you
do not want to see (if you want to remove entries from other menus,
edit the appropriate menu file).

MythTV will use a local user's copy of the theme config in preference
to the copy in /usr/share/mythtv/ allowing you to customise your menu
but still keep the original in case you need it.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/