[mythtv-users] New forum to discuss MythTV

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Jun 15 14:35:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 18:55 +0100, Paul Mason wrote:
> Personally I prefer Usenet which has the best of both worlds -
> text-based, low-overhead messages but proper* threading with the
> ability to read headers and choose which messages to actually
> download.
>
> (*i.e. not subject-line based)

Most mail readers can do proper threading.

Look at these headers in your message:

<ad4178220706070003t14cb0366pf571c37f4e1f78ab at mail.gmail.com>
<20070607112851.08e038de at vmgentoo24> <466827E8.3010309 at leighporter.org>
<46683180.2000707 at beww.org>

This is more than enough info to do the threading..

Anyway, I really love Usenet too. But these days you need to
run a central server for everyone to use to contain spam,
which uses more resources on the server than a mailing list.

-- Daniel