[mythtv-users] Installing the Antec Fusion volume control

Fred Clausen fred at derf.nl
Fri Jun 15 08:09:04 UTC 2007

Hello,

David Segall wrote:
> I followed the instructions at
> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/LCDproc> to get my Antec Fusion
> VFD to work. In order to complete the task I needed to load the driver
> which I did by adding the line "/sbin/modprobe lirc_imon" to the file
> /etc/rc.local. Now, when LCDd is started during the boot sequence it
> fails because it cannot find /dev/lcd0 and asks "Did you load the iMON
> VFD module?". If I start LCDd after the boot sequence it starts as
> expected. I assume my problem is that the "modprobe lirc_imon" is in
> the wrong initialisation file. Where should it be?

/etc/rc.local is executed last, perhaps the LCDd startup script (if you
are using one) is executing before the rc.local stuff hence the module
is not yet loaded. Which distro are you using?

In any case, make sure that the LCDd startup script or command is
executed *after* the module is loaded. I, personally, load the module
within the startup script and then start LCDd. I see this option is also
used by others.

Cheers,

Fred.