[mythtv-users] ivtv capture is good, but mythtv hoses it

Aaron Nauman mtense at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 02:38:45 UTC 2007

I am running ivtv 0.10.3 on PVR 350 and PVR 150 on fc6 2.6.20.  If I run a
capture test with cat

cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg

The capture looks great.  If I start mythtv and watch live tv, I get
jitter.  Every couple of seconds the video pauses for a second of so.

It I shut down my mythtv and run the capture test again, then the capture
(with cat) has the same jitter.  What is mythtv doing that could affect
/dev/video1?

My modprobe looks like

options ivtv_fb osd_compat=1
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb

I would appreciate any advice on how best to proceed.  Thanks!

Aaron