[mythtv-users] Orphaned files

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 20:02:34 UTC 2007

Mitch Gore wrote:

>     Where did you get this script?  I don't have it in my contrib
>     directory....Might help if I can see it....
>
>     Brian
>

> I installed myth from the atrpms-bleeding repo and it was in my
> contrib on install.  I am at work now so i cant attach it.
>
> Is there some other way to fix orphaned files?  other than manually....
>
> Mitchell

I'm not sure about other ways but looking at the source of the script:
71
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/myth.find_orphans.pl#L71>
	        --host=(host)           MythTV backend host ($opt_host)
72
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/myth.find_orphans.pl#L72>
	        --dbhost=(host)         host where MySQL database for backend
is ($opt_dbhost)
73
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/myth.find_orphans.pl#L73>
	        --database=(dbname)     MythTV database ($opt_database)
74
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/myth.find_orphans.pl#L74>
	        --user=(user)           MySQL MythTV database user ($opt_user)
75
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/myth.find_orphans.pl#L75>
	        --pass=(pass)           MySQL MythTV database password ($opt_pass)
76
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/myth.find_orphans.pl#L76>
	        --dir=directories       manually specify recording directories
(otherwise setting is from database)
77
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/myth.find_orphans.pl#L77>
	        --debug                 increase debug level
78
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/myth.find_orphans.pl#L78>
	        --dodbdelete            remove recorded db entries with no
matching file (default: don't)
79
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/myth.find_orphans.pl#L79>
	        --dodelete              delete files wit

I would try running the script with the option --dbhost=localhost
Also, to just get a feeling for what the script is doing, add --debug