[mythtv-users] HDMI Motherboard w/ nvidia chipset?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 19:13:31 UTC 2007

On 6/14/07, James Buckley <xanium4332 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > > Alas.
> >
> > Saw this on Tom's Hardware the other day about ATI HD 2900XT which has
> > onboard audio output via HDMI:
> >
> http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/06/08/avivo_vs_purevideo_hd/page6.html
> >
> > As for Linux drivers to use this hardware functionality, that's something
> > else entirely. Looks like a big noisy fan on it too.
>
> there's loads of nvidia 7600 cards with hdmi out (incl. sound). Actually
> getting hold of one is a different matter however...
>
> Newegg have some. I'd recommend a 7600GTX, as when mythtv-vid develops a
> little you'll have the grunt to do some of the more fancy deinterlacing
> methods etc...

Interesting, do they have a S/PDIF input for the audio or?

The receiver I'm getting has the ability to take the audio off of HDMI
and pass the video untouched. New receivers will definitely start
having this feature which saves on having to run a separate S/PDIF
cable (and allows the transmission of multi-channel PCM for things
like HD-DVD/BluRay).

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!